Urban Assault Wreckage
| Wreckage was such a great figure from the first set of Transformers toys from the 2007 movie that I decided to revisit him for a new custom for the release of Revenge of the Fallen. His original camo scheme left much to be desired, so I decided to keep the urban camo theme but improve on it. He also needed some mods and new weapons, so after many hours of effort here is Urban Assault Wreckage!
His chest has been modded with a stabilizer pin which helps drastically when posing his arms and keeping his transformation firm. The small machine gun on his back has also had a pin added so it now swivels in place and can be removed. Adding more firepower, I scratchbuilt a larger machine gun for his Stryker mode that swivels as well, and can be removed and repositioned on his right shoulder when he transforms!
Custom decals were designed in Photoshop and printed on Testors decal paper.
- Testors Model Master Acryl Flat Black
Testors Model Master Acryl Dunkelbraun
- Testors Model Master Acryl Hellgrau
- Testors Model Master Acryl Aircraft Gray
- Testors Model Master Acryl Aluminum
- Testors Model Master Acryl Steel
- Testors Acryl Gray
- Tamiya Acrylic Titanium Gold
- Tamiya Acrylic Clear Yellow
- Tamiya Acrylic Clear Orange
- Tamiya Acrylic Clear Red
- Games Workshop Citadel Mithril Silver
First the entire figure was basecoated Flat Black. The robot parts were drybrushed with Steel and Aluminum alternating between sections. Mithril Silver and Titanium Gold were used for highlights and details. The camo was airbrushed using (from dark to light) Black, Dunkelbraun, Gray, and Hellgrau. Hellgrau was also drybrushed over the edges for weathering. Aircraft Gray was used to drybrush the wheels and Steel for the hubcaps. The plasma blades were first airbrushed Mithril Silver, then progressively coated with Clear Yellow, Orange, and Red. The decals were applied and softened into place with Microsol. A coat of Future floor polish was then airbrushed on to create a gloss surface. Next, a detail wash was done with oil paints to create shadows and streaking. Finally, the entire figure was sealed with Future mixed with Flat Base to create a matte finish. Whew!