|Finally finished my first Steampunking of a Nerf Maverick: modified for more power and with cosmetic additions such as a steam exhaust pipe, scope with crosshairs, and steam pressure gauge.
I pulled out nearly every metallic flavor of paint I have and combined different airbrush and hand brushing techniques to give this thing as much detail as possible.|
- Air restrictors removed
- Dart pegs removed so gun can fire homemade darts
- Russian Roulette Mod - chamber now opens fully for easy loading
- Nerf logos removed
- Internal moving parts relubbed with Jig-A-Loo
- Krylon Fusion Nickel Shimmer
- Krylon Metallic Brilliant Silver
- Krylon Metallic Brilliant Gold
- Createx Pearl Copper
- Createx Pearl
- Createx Pearl Silver
FolkArt Acrylic Metallic Copper
FolkArt Acrylic Metallic Antique Copper
FolkArt Acrylic Metallic Antique Gold
FolkArt Acrylic Metallic Pure Gold
FolkArt Acrylic Metallic Silver Sterling
- Pactra Racing Finish Acryl Pearl Charcoal
DecoColor Paint Marker Liquid Silver
- Tamiya Acrylic Titanium Gold
Where to begin? First a basecoat of Krylon Fusion Nickel Shimmer, then I just went to town airbrushing and hand brushing and drybrushing with every metal in the above list.
The entire assembly was then sealed with several coats of Future Floor Polish for semi-gloss shine and durability.