Maverick ver 4
|Version 4 of my Nerf Mavericks is painted in a Cyberpunk style with realistic weathering. It's also been modified for more power and better range. The screw-holes have not been filled so the gun can still be taken apart for any future maintenance or further modification.
- Air restrictors removed
- Dart pegs removed so gun can fire homemade darts
- Russian Roulette Mod - chamber now opens fully for easy loading
- Nerf logos removed
- Internal moving parts relubbed with Jig-A-Loo
- Krylon Fusion Flat Black
- Krylon Metallic Brilliant Silver
- Tamiya Acrylic Chrome Silver
- Tamiya Acrylic Flat Black
- Createx Pearl Silver
First a basecoat of Krylon Fusion Flat Black was applied. Then Pearl Silver was airbrushed on. Once this layer was dry, but before allowed to cure, I took painter's tape and pulled away at it to produce the subtle paint chipping effects. Duct tape was then used for some of the larger chunks of paint chipping. The chamber was painted Brilliant Silver, and the black parts including the barrel and trigger were drybrushed with Chrome Silver. Finally, some Flat Black was airbrushed on for shadowing and scorch marks. The entire gun was then sealed with a flat clearcoat of acrylic sealer.